Monday, July 7, 2014

life lately

holy moly. a lot's been going on in my life lately. i've sorta been an emotional wreck. my bf, quinton, decided he wanted to serve a mission for our church (read about that here!). i'm so proud of his decision and it's a blessing to know that dating me influenced that decision. but, as a result, we decided it was best to break up and just remain friends in order to allow him to be free of any kind of distraction as he prepares to serve. it was very hard to cope with when we first talked about it, but it's been a few weeks since we chatted about this and then it's been almost 2 weeks since we "broke up." it wasn't really like most break-ups. we broke up for a good reason, not a bad reason. i'm grateful for the opportunity i had to go out and visit him in utah and spend time with him before we broke up and said our goodbyes (we had a very sweet goodbye)-i most likely won't be seeing him for a while. living in separate states made our relationship very hard too, so this is probably for the best. but, i'm grateful to have dated him for 2 months. he was the sweetest boy to ever come into my life thus far. he showed me what true love really is and he was so devoted and caring to our relationship even though distance made it hard. he certainly left me with some happy memories. also, thanks to q, i grew so much (spiritually and emotionally). i thank God everyday for blessing him in my life, even though it was only temporarily. this loving, kind and smart boy is going to make one of the best missionaries i know. i can't wait to write him and hear about his experiences. i'll certainly never forget the first love of my life.

in order to cope with all of this, i've been trying my best to stay busy. there are certainly moments where i feel empty inside and i really miss him, but i do my best to stay positive and be grateful for the fact that he is still apart of my life even though it may not seem like it right now, initially, because we aren't dating, he still is a wonderful friend that i want to stay in touch with. to keep busy, i've been working at my dad's office (he's a doctor) as a receptionist part-time. it keeps me busy and i make lots of moolah that i need to stop spending haha. ;) i also have gotten involved with an amazing animal organization called pasado's safe haven! i also recently decided that i want to start volunteering at a food bank near my house. i feel like giving of my time to serve my community is a great way to stay positive, especially during a time where i've been a bit sad.

i've also been spending a lot of time with my friend, cassie, taking photos. my best friend, madi, and i have also been hanging out a lot too! when i'm not out and about it seems like i'm either online shopping, reading blogs, or watching netflix haha. i like to play zelda from time to time too!

below are some pics i took with cassie a few days ago at the point defiance rose gardens and the botanical conservatory in tacoma! enjoy xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment